All posts tagged with ‘infographic’
- November 16th, 2010
- Brian Clark
- Comments: 4 Comments » Tags: Tags: Competitions, computing, Consolarium, Glow, infographic, LTS, operating systems
: Categories Consolarium, Glow, Literacy, rich tasks, writing
On 20th November 1985, Microsoft released Windows 1.0.
This year is the 25th anniversary of Windows 1.0. In the 25 years that have followed, Operating Systems have evolved. A lot. Windows 7 mobile, Mac OS X, iOS, Android and Linux are all commonly used Operating Systems today. And there are many more!
To celebrate this event, we are running a competition for you to create an InfoGraphic about operating systems. The winning InfoGraphic will turned into a poster and sent to all schools who take part.
Can you create an Infographic to chart the development of Operating Systems over the last 25 years? Here are some ideas….
- You could look at the features that have evolved over this time for a particular operating system
- Look at the range of operating systems currently available
- Compare features of 3 common operating systems
- The difference between operating systems for desktop computers and portable devices
- Show how the user interface operating systems have evolved over time, from text based to touch
- Perhaps you are studying computing and want to illustrate your knowledge of Operating Systems
- Or something else that you feel is appropriate
- All entries should be done through the Glow Group
Hold on, what’s an InfoGraphic?
An InfoGraphic is representations of information, data or knowledge. These graphics are used where complex information needs to be explained quickly and clearly. Information is conveyed by graphic elements, including charts, graphs, text, dates and images.
Some examples of infographics are shown here …
Reasons To Get Involved
- Creative commons image searching
- Image file format
- Investigate graphics applications
- Presentation style – contrasting colours, use of font etc
- Curricular links to SG, Int 2 and Higher Computing in timely context
- Opportunity for collaboration
Closing Date has been extended to 17th January 2011
- Winners will be announced early in the new year
- Teachers must register their school on the Glow Page
- Pupils are responsible for uploading their finished InfoGraphic to the entries page in an appropriate format
- Glow Group Short Link – http://glo.li/oscomp