The partners delivering Curriculum for Excellence are developing a toolkit to help practitioners communicate with parents and carers around CfE.
In January, the toolkit will be launched by Cabinet Secretary.
Watch the promotional trailer here:
The toolkit has been designed:
- in response to research on parents’ needs: they want to hear from the school and the teacher who knows their child
- to share stories that start to give a real sense of the look and feel of CfE
- moving on from the policy lines and guidance we’ve had to date
- to give simple messages to practitioners and material to support them in answering the simple and complex questions from parents
- to be an online resource in the main – a starter kit that we build onto (we are producing leaflets for parents aimed at 3 broad stages: EY, primary and secondary+
- to provide information, photos and film resources that schools can repurpose, adapt and set in their own context for sharing with parents.
More information from :
Project Manager, Communications
T 0131 244 0385
M 07760 990919