The National CPD Team in Scotland provide strategic support for CPD and PRD throughout Scottish Education. If you need a word, email Ruth on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out more about the work of the team by browsing this blog and viewing this short video, which explains what we do, where we started and what are our vision, values and beliefs around CPD. Please feel free to share it.
What is our aim?
The National CPD Team aims to improve pupil learning by building capacity to implement Curriculum for Excellence at individual, school and authority level.
How do we achieve our aim?
- by promoting a consistent model of professional learning which draws on a wide range of academic research, and reflects the values implicit in Teaching Scotland’s Future
- by supporting the development of structures for CPD that focus on improving the quality of teaching and of school leadership
- by working with our partners (through the CPD Network ) to a maintain a high profile for CPD among educators
Who’s in the team?
The current team consists of:
- Con Morris
So what is it we do?
Our team plan (due for completion in September 2011) will give you a flavour of our current activities:
- support for the CPDNetwork, including facilitation of the online community CPDNet
- an initiative to help local authorities review PRD
- ongoing support for / improvement of the Flexible Routes to Headship programme
- ongoing support for / improvement of the Learning Rounds model
- constructing a framework for the continuum of leadership development
- building and facilitating CPD communities on Glow such as CPDCentral and CPDStepin
- innovating further in online CPD; CPDMeets, CPDShorts, I-intend, etc
We have initiated and/or continue to support a number of key projects including:
- development of the 4-stage model of CPD and the Teachers for Excellence paper
- international thought-leaders programme
- support for development of CPDReflect
- redesign / support for the national database of CPD (CPDFind)
- coaching / mentoring programme funded by Scottish Government
- worked with the CPDNetwork on a model for evaluation of the impact of CPD
- a wide range of innovative CPD (online and otherwise!) through the CPDScotland project
If you want to know more