February 25th, 2011
CPDLead is a professional community on Glow for all leaders of CPD. It will be particularly useful for establishment CPD Coordinators, QIOs in local authorities and LA and national development officers.
It is a work in progress but it will be all the stronger for your involvement! CPDLead is facilitated by Catriona Oates of the National CPD Team.
To find out more and join CPDLead, see the ‘Change here for…’ panel on the front page of CPDCentral.
August 27th, 2009
The National CPD Team are looking for a passionate CPD leader in a Scottish educational establishment to assist with the development of CPDLead. CPDLead is the new online community for CPD Leaders on Glow (to be launched at the Scottish Learning Festival).
As an associate of the CPD Team, you will be challenged to:
- Promote sharing of practice using the sharing section of CPDLead
- Promote discussion of professional learning topics on CPDLead (and through CPDFind)
- Make CPDLead a listening post for CPD Leaders
The ideal associate will be:
- a CPD leader (coordinator) in Scottish educational establishment
- be committed to effective and innovative CPD practice
- familiar with the Glow environment (but that’s an added bonus)!
The associate work is funded by the National CPD Team and takes the form of reimbursement for your local authority and / or the associate in their own time.
If you are interested, drop firstname.lastname@example.org an email.
June 3rd, 2009
The CPD team have a ‘help’ blog that helps to answer questions that have been posted about CPD matters, CPDAnswers. Part of the CPD Team offering for the Scottish Learning Festival will include an opportunity to drop into the CPD Lounge and ask a question of a member of the National CPD Team and volunteer members of the CPD Network.
Do you want to know about CfE rollout in other parts of Scotland? Do you want to know about innovative CPD for CfE; coaching, online, action research? Come in and ask!
We may not have all the answers but we are keen to have the conversation and we can make the right connections for you. There is also an option to update the CPDAnswers blog so your question will be recorded for others to benefit!
cpd@slf09 related posts CPD Breakfast, Magnificent Sevens, CPD Lounge, CPD Leaders.Image courtesy of emagic
June 3rd, 2009
Work is underway to build an online, professional community for CPD leaders throughout Scotland. The community (on Glow) will be called CPDLead and will be launched as part of the National CPD Team offering at Scottish Learning Festival 2009. CPDLead will be an important tool for us CPD leaders in the professional learning programme in Curriculum for Excellence because it gives us access to the most important resource, each other!
To mark the occasion, we will be having a breakfast event for CPD Leaders on Thursday 24th September. Keep your eyes on the cpd@slf09 posts on the CPD Team Blog for more information
cpd@slf09 related posts CPDAnswers live, Magnificent Sevens, CPD Lounge, CPD Leaders. Image courtesy of John Althouse Cohen
May 19th, 2009
Calling all CPD coordinators in Scottish schools!
Make a point of clearing your diary for this year’s SLF (September 23 and 24 2009). This year the National CPD Team will be offering a number of CPD opportunities just for you! Makes a nice change, eh?
- a drop-in facility for CPD coordinators, the CPD Lounge. Get away from the crowds, sit down, put your feet up, chat to fellow coordinators and members of the CPD Team and enjoy a cup of tea on us!
- sharing practice events in the CPD Lounge led by CPD coordinators and CPD Team members
- the launch of CPDLead, an online professional community for CPD leaders
- a social event on the late Wednesday afternoon
- recommended seminars if you are still swithering
If you can’t make it in person, then there will be live interaction from the CPD Lounge on Glow.
All you have to do is email email@example.com to express an interest, we’ll do the rest! Look forward to seeing you there in person or online!