This week’s image is of Kilchurn Castle and Loch Awe in Argyll and Bute. The castle was built in 1450 by Sir Colin Campbell, first Lord of Glenorchy.
In 1760 the castle was badly damaged by lightning and was completely abandoned; the remains of a turret of a tower, still resting upside-down in the centre of the courtyard, attest to the violence of the storm.
The ruin is currently in the care of Historic Scotland and is open to the public during the summer.
Image by www.SuperStock.com/Text Wikipedia