- December 10th, 2012
- Comments: 3 Comments »
Today, December 10th 2012, all authority and school staff can now see the RM Unify interface when they log in to Glow. Pupils can see Unify through the Glow Light link and it will be made their default landing page early in the new year. This blog post is aimed at explaining the impact of this change for end users.
1. You went to portal.glowscotland.org.uk either by entering the address or clicking on a link which may be in a number of different places e.g. school web sites, Education Scotland web site etc
2. You enter your username and password
3. You get taken to either the Glow Light page (graphic with buttons on top of it) or your role based site (if your LA has opted to not use Glow Light)
After today, December 10th 2012
1. You go to the same place to log in as you did before
2. You log in with the same username and password in the same screen as before
3. You get taken to the RM Unify page which will look like the graphic above
If you want to keep using Glow as before, click on the Glow Portal icon and you will be taken either to your role based site or Glow Light as you were previously.
You have more options with Unify now available, you will also be able to access 3rd party content and also all Microsoft applications as they are released to your local authority e.g. Exchange Online (email). You can see the choices available by navigating through the Unify screens using the arrows.
What does a local authority or school have to do to be ready?
In short, nothing.
Every school is set up with the default set of tiles which will offer links to various parts of Glow and 3rd party suppliers. As national materials are released then an icon will be automatically added to the schools set of applications. When your local authority changes email provider then an email tile will need to be added and full details will be provided nearer the time. It is the current ASM or SCA accounts that can alter the choice of tiles seen by everyone else in the school however with a default set of applications being offered it is not essential that any changes are made.
We are using the MiGO365 national Glow Group as a repository of information. There is also a tile in Glow, called ‘Find out More’.